- Abhyanga is a form of Ayurvedic medicine that involves massage of the body with large amounts of warm oil.
- The oil is often pre-medicated with herbs for specific conditions.
- In addition to the oil abhyanga massage differs from many western massage techniques in that it is not very deep.
- Abhyanga – the Ayurvedhic oil massage is an integral part of the daily routine recommended by this healing system for over all health and well-being
- It also enhances the complexion and the luster of the skin promoting longevity and nourishing to all parts of the body.
- It is nourishing, pacifies Vataand Kapha, relieves fatigue, provides stamina, pleasure and perfect sleep.